Futurism signifies the systemic analysis of trends as the basis for formulating predictions of the future. These predictions can include alternative scenarios, ranging from the most optimistic, even utopian, through the most probable, to the most pessimistic, or dystopian. These analyses can also suggest actions that individuals, groups, corporations and governments might take in order to maximize benefit or to minimize damage from the trends and their consequences.
- Gapminder Foundation - data-driven analysis of trends of population growth, economic development. Outstanding visual presentations of large, dynamic data sets.
- Association of Professional Futurists
- World Future Society
- Institute for the Future
- The Long Now Foundation
- Established in 1996 to develop the 10,000 Year Clock and other projects, the foundation promotes long-term thinking.
- Club of Rome
- The Journal of Futures Studies - a globally-oriented, trans-disciplinary refereed journal. Articles are available on-line at no charge.
- TED Talks - search "future"